Thursday, August 19, 2010

A guest appearance with White Chocolate Raspberry Slice!


This little visit is from my beautiful sister-in-law Suzette.

You couldn't ask for a better person to become a relative! They say 'You can't choose your family' but fortunately she is exactly what I would've chosen if I'd had the option :)

Suze is a true Stepford wonder woman, raising 2 gorgeous daughters and still cooking lots of wonderful food in a pristine house. Amazing!

We are the family of food allergies and have to accommodate a diet where we span the spectrum of issues- gluten-free, dairy-free, allergic to Vitamin C, to coconut and allergic to gluten-free flours!

Sometimes I think we should make each person bring their own food :)

Other times I think we spend so much time accommodating that we miss out on the good things and I feel sad that people miss out or feel guilty to take care of my dairy allergy. I'd much rather that they indulged in front of me - I'm well aware of how good cheese and ice cream is - they deserve it!

This slice she made for a family birthday is just to die for, and is wicked in the sense that it contains almost every allergen we have between us. It is moist and luscious and full of my favourite raspberries.

Further joy is in how simple it is and how easy to involve the little ones in a bit of team kitchen work. I can imagine my lovely niece El with a big mixing bowl, stirring away happily helping.

The slice comes from "Marie Claire's Fresh and Fast" and it was enjoyed by many at that event - allergies and all.

Thanks so much Suze!


Pre-heat oven to 180c.
-Grease and line a 16 x 26cm slice tin.

-Melt 125g of unsalted butter and 150g of white cooking chocolate in a saucepan over low heat.

-Add 175g of superfine caster sugar and stir to combine.

-Pour into a large bowl and add 125g of Self raising flour and 90g of desiccated coconut. Stir to combine, add 2 beaten eggs and then fold in 150g of fresh raspberries.

-Pour into prepared tin and bake for 40 mins or until firm.

-Dust with icing sugar. (Makes about 20 slices).

No comments:

Post a Comment