Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes



And so we jump from me freezing meals for the baby on the way, to me making raspberry cheesecakes for mothers group!

In between the two episodes there came along a little Stepford baby called Kate Rose who is beautiful and lovely and perfect.

So here's my cheesecake recipe! It comes from one I've cut out of a magazine at some point but to be honest I've changed it so much that I don't feel any obligation to give any credit to whoever invented it!
I love this because it could be any flavour depending on what you have on hand. My favourite part is popping a biscuit in as the base... no melting butter or crushing cookies - woo!

It was supposed to make 6 but I easily got 12 out of it with plenty of gooey batter left over for licking out of the bowl- which is the best part :)

100g White Choc melts
2/3 cup thickened cream
1.5 tsp gelatine
250g Cream Cheese
1/4 cup Icing sugar
1 cup defrosted frozen Raspberries

Pop 12 muffin cases in a muffin pan and place a Raspberry Shortcake biscuit (I think they are Arnott's brand) in the bottom of each.

1. Melt together in the microwave for about 30secs 100g White Choc melts and 1/3 cup cream and stir til smooth. Leave to cool.

2. Combine 1.5tsp gelatine powder with 2T Water. Pop in the microwave for 25secs and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool.

3. Beat together 250g Cream Cheese, 1/4 cup icing sugar, 1/3 cup thickened cream and 1 cup defrosted frozen raspberries.

4. Stir chocolate mixture  and gelatine into the cream cheese mix, Fill the muffin cases and chill for at least 2 hrs (or overnight)

And that's it! No baking, no pans, really quick and so yummy - the best kind of recipe. And by changing up the biscuit base and swapping the raspberries out for other flavours you could make anything!

I'd like to try-
Gingernut bases with lemon filling
White Choc Macadamia bases with vanilla filling
Mint slice bases with green peppermint filling

Have a lovely day!! xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment