Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Coconut & Passionfruit Slice


Well this one is pure old fashioned, daggy, fete fodder. The kind of thing you expect to find on the "school stall" on a little foam tray covered in wrinkly plastic wrap with a label sticker on top.

I say that but the last time I went to a school fete I bought amazing gingernuts dipped in dark chocolate and displayed in a mini american chinese food box with a tiny gold label- so I guess the "school stall" is moving up in the world!

I was left to my own devices on a rainy Saturday morning with an afternoon tea to bring a plate for. After I made the previously blogged Macadamia Walnut Tart my rainy day baking urge had not yet been fulfilled and I had a tin of condensed milk winking at me from the pantry.

I flicked through my big notebook of recipes and found this one.

Coconut & Passionfruit Slice

1 Cup SR Flour
1 Cup desiccated coconut
1/2 Cup caster sugar
100g butter (melted)

Mix together and press into a lined slice tin. bake at 180C for 12mins

395g Can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
2Tbsp Passionfruit pulp

Whisk together and pour over the hot base, bake for 15mins

Cool in tin, cut into squares with a hot, wet knife.

I used tinned passionfruit and lemon from a bottle - how trashy! I know - but it works and tastes like a simple form of cheesecake in slice form.

My only tip is based on my personal preference - I strained out the seeds. I can't stand little crunchy black bits interrupting the smooth creamy texture but if you like them go for it.

It has to be the easiest slice ever invented and would probably be even better with real ingredients!

Have a lovely day

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment