Friday, May 21, 2010

Cherry Ripe Cupcakes


Again I'm blogging about something I haven't eaten yet! In fact as I write a whole staff full of people are standing around a table with my Cherry Ripe cupcakes laid out on it sampling them and all I know is that the batter tasted great.

I've been discovering lately that the life of a Stepford wife is one of constantly dashing about. Making cupcakes ends up being an activity that is slotted between making dinner and dashing out to meetings and dinners. This was my experience last night where I had from 4pm until 6pm to make dinner for Husband - poor guy works 12.5hr shifts so I could hardly go out for dinner without leaving him something - wash and straighten hair, clean kitchen and bathroom and make cupcakes for an event today. They were iced and decorated at 5.55pm with me all glamoured up and swathed in an apron to protect my clothes.

The recipe comes from www.notquitenigella.com - you can head there if you want it and search under cupcakes - and even if you don't want it I recommend you do anyway just for fun! I switched her ganache for a buttercream with a little dark chocolate added to firm up the icing for transport purposes.

I also added a slice of Cherry Ripe on top to glamour them up. It's amazing how something so simple like that really impresses people (plus gives them a clue on the flavour of the cakes when I won't be there to explain!)

When the leftovers come back I'll taste test for you :)

*************************************************************************************

Well! they've just arrived and my gorgeous pink cupcake courier trays are empty! I've even had 2 complaints from people who didn't get to try one and the overwhelming verdict is that they were great - I'm even getting happy feedback passed on through others. Think I'll have to do another batch so I can taste and then bring in for the disappointed folk! (people pleaser much!)

2 comments:

  1. OH YAY! I'm so glad that they were a hit. And yes the wife of a Stepford wife is a frantic one indeed! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, wish I got to try them.. Good job! The best praise usually comes from Steve Davis, in an indirect way (as it usally does with him) when he demands why the goods are not there the next time!

    ReplyDelete