Tuesday, May 25, 2010

White Chocolate Cupcakes



So I'm in the midst of a cupcake frenzy at the moment!

Last night I did my third batch of cherry ripe cupcakes (and have still only eaten one), they have been such a hit - work, welcoming new baby niece to the family and bible study supper - to be honest I'm getting sick of making them even though they are delicious.

This all hasn't been helped by the fact that Husband despises coconut so I've been doing half batches with the essence and shredded coconut and half batches without!

Ready for something new I tried a new recipe for a friend's farewell last week.

White Chocolate Cupcakes.

They are stunning, the most moist and delightful crumb ever, all due to the sour cream I think but the batter is lighter than air and they went down a treat here at work - I'm afraid I'm developing a bit of a reputation as the "cupcake lady" :)

The recipe is originally from "Couture Cupcakes" but has been blogged to death with tons of people tweaking it so I'm not sure if it resembles the original - it sure is great though - maybe the cupcake version of an idealistic Wiki - everyone improves it until it is the best it can be :)

I did a plain buttercream frosting with a bit of melted white chocolate added to it. I also did a double batch and made the second lot milk chocolate with 2 Tablespoons of cocoa and replacing the white choc with milk. They went down well with the chocolate purists who are anti white chocolate.

White Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes


1 cup plain [all purpose] flour
3/4 cup sugar
pinch salt
63 grams white chocolate
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 egg

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In mixer, combine flour, sugar and salt.
3. Melt chocolate with butter and water. Allow to cool slightly.
4. Add melted chocolate mixture to flour mixture and mix lightly.
5. Add sour cream, vanilla, baking soda and egg and beat for 2 minutes.
6. Divide batter evenly into cupcake liners and bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Place pan on a rack for 10 minutes to cool. Turn upside down and release the cupcakes onto a rack to cool further.
8. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm I bet the sour cream makes them super moist! Here here to a cupcake kick! :D

    ReplyDelete