Monday, May 10, 2010

Lemon and Herb Chicken


I wouldn't be able to blog along for very long without mentioning my love of Donna Hay. I've purposely not subscribed to her magazine because I love the joy of discovering a new one is out!

I know - tragic :)

Tonight's dinner was a new recipe out of the Autumn issue, Lemon and Herb Chicken. It's a one pot meal and only takes half an hour by recipe (about 45 Min's reality).

Unusually the recipe had a small mistake - no lemon in the ingredients or recipe although it appeared in the picture so I had to take a punt on that one! It smelled beautiful and looked great but lacked a bit of flavour, it really needed a good seasoning and extra lemon in the sauce to bring up the flavours but it was a good new dinner for the repertoire. I served with Broccoli and dressed with a little extra virgin lemon oil.

I also worked out a little Stepford Secret. I had to drain just a tablespoon of salted capers and discovered the ideal tool. My tea strainer got a workout and performed (and recovered) beautifully.

Lemony Capery White Wine goodness.

2 comments:

  1. She's fabulous isn't she? I use her cookbooks when I'm after a quick, stylish meal-like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, although she wasn't at all what I thought she would be like on Master Chef!

    ReplyDelete