Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cranberry Muffins


In Australia we don't have a lot of access to cranberries. We have the juice and the dried kinds but never fresh and so when I come across recipes involving them in all the fabulous US and UK cookbooks I pass right by them - until this summer when I came across a frozen box of them (far too expensive!) and decided to take them home.

Unfortunately they sat in the freezer waiting for an idea for too long until I came across a simple recipe in the Stephanie Alexander kitchen garden cookbook for Chocolate chip muffins and decided it was their time to shine - The results look stunning, rustic and melting in their fabulous Donna Hay french pleated papers. Unfortunately the flavour was a little too unusual for Husband who preferred the plain chocolate chip I made (in case of disaster!).

Even I think that next time I will reach for my favourite frozen raspberries instead - but it was fun to have a go. There's still some left in the freezer if anyone has another idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment