Thursday, May 6, 2010

Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles




My next adventure is a disaster come good. The official recipe was called two-tone chocolate fudge and was supposed to be a creamy white layer sandwiched onto a creamy brown layer both nice and firm and full of hazelnuts.

Well, my creamy white was more of a dismal brown and my creamy brown became soft and dark due to my switching the milk chocolate melts (that were the worst kind of compound flavour) for some gorgeous 70% I had in the fridge. My top layer was too soft and melty because I didn't cook it for long enough. All of this make it yummy but uncuttable and untransportable - I was pretty sure Husband and I couldn't manage a whole tray of it with a spoon!

And so I had a scathingly brilliant idea. The whole thing was the exact texture and flavour of the inside of a gourmet truffle. All I needed was a chocolate coating and it would solve my cutting and transporting isssues. I set the fudge in the freezer, cut it into squares and dipped it in 2 blocks of melted Cadbury's Daily Milk. A bit of fussing with skewers and a sprinkle of Hazelnut meal hid the messy bits.

The lovely ladies/ taste testers in the office at work loved them! Phew!

2 comments:

  1. What a great save! I find that fudge is very temperamental and the same happens to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's more me with the temperament :) I panic cooking all that sugar and am always sure it will burn on me!

    ReplyDelete